Wednesday, November 1, 2017

First week at Laura's

Ruth left on Wednesday (Oct 25) to go back home, but we got in a little shopping and exploring first.

Ruth took this picture --I thought it was so cute! 

 On Tuesday we did a little 2nd hand browsing and also went to visit The Bolletje bakery museum.  also a little store and Tea room.


 They were not giving tours that day, but it was open for us to view and one of the men very graciously gave us this to read to help us understand what we were viewing.  It was quite helpful since everyone there spoke Dutch, not English anyway!







 .This rather took Ruth and I back to our day in St. Petersburg Russia when we visited a bread making museum there.  I have to say that this one- and the people who worked here were much more tourist friendly!

When we were finished, Laura, Ruth & I enjoyed coffee and cakes in the lovely tea room.




 I couldn't resist a quick picture of the peek I had into the cute kitchen!
 and that gorgeous glass in those lovely pocket doors!

 Yummy!
Oh, and then we asked our server to take our picture---


 Woops, wrong one!  haha!  This one was hanging on the wall in another room, and I didn't actually see it, but Ruth took a picture of it!




**********
That evening we went out for supper at a Pancake house in town.  If you saw my pictures/blog from last time I was here, we had went to one and I had never had pancakes like this before! Sweet- Savory, you name it. Whatever you want.  Laura and Frederik since discovered there was a restaurant in their town.


 What cute tea strainers!

 Unfortunately we were nearly done with our Pancakes before either Ruth or I realized we'd forgotten to take a picture! (My pancake was Ham and Pineapple-- eaten with a dab of syrup on the side)!



 Miss Charmer liked the pancakes too!




A cute wreath on the wall by the door when we went out.
All for this time!

2 comments:

  1. I could make a habit of checking out tea rooms! What fun fir you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so well done!!! I would love to visit tea rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Family of Four

Not much going on in this house except cooking and keeping mama and baby fed & happy! Oh, and the toddler too!  A few pictures from our...