Friday, November 10, 2017

Celebrating a BIRTH DAY!

Woo-Hoo! Our waiting on baby days are finally over. Kenzie Lianna (Leon-a - For Papa)  arrived Thursday morning November 9 at 8:26 a.m.



 Waiting for baby......


 baby was 3.5 which translates out to about 7 3/4 lbs.
  Quite the birth story--about a 16 hour labor and since labor started in the late afternoon on the 8th, it was many hours without sleep!
After finally giving up in  total exhaustion and stalled progress, Laura finally decided to go to the hospital & "get it over with". F. and the midwife proceeded to gather their things, the Midwife gave the hospital a call and heads up that they were coming in.  I gave Laura her Juice Plus supplements, chased down by a protein shake. I told Laura that at home or hospital regardless, she was still going to have to have some energy to get the baby here, although at that point she probably would have agreed to a C-S on the spot!  (and since I needed to stay home with big sis, I wasn't going to be able to help her at the hospital like last time!)

About 10-15 minutes later we were loading bags in the car, Laura made it down the steps, out the door & half way to the car before she stopped and said "I can't do this. I'm having a baby". I said what? you're not going? "No.  This baby is coming."  She headed back in the house, I followed, but I'm pretty sure it's been a long time since I saw her move so fast.  She was in the house, up the stairs  you remember the picture of that steep winding staircase right?!) and back in the birth pool before I could close the door behind us. By the time I reached the room, this was a different girl. She was awake, happy, energized, and although I didn't check the time (no time!) I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than an 1/2 hour later, she birthed baby girl into her daddy's hands.

2 hours later both the midwife and I were still trying to catch our breath and stop laughing over the incredible turn of events.

Now you can make your own deductions, but having been thru an almost exact scenario with Laura's first birth which ended up in the hospital, and knowing what the results of taking Juice Plus supplements and the protein shakes have done for many, I believe without a doubt that it's what made the difference and gave her energy and got labor moving again. In my opinion it changed everything and made all the difference! I totally believe that this was the result of #onesimplechange

 And so, tonight we had a celebration supper, served upstairs in Laura's room. Steak, sweet potatoes, creamed corn, beets, mozerella cheese rools & gooey cinnamon rolls for dessert. Nothing like a good meal after a great day's work! (or a birth!!)
 Maylia said it was platter licking good!










And now it's been a very long day and we'll hope for a good night for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Maxine, what a story!! Love the Juice Plus comments also! lol Love to all of you and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice little baby. Cute name, too. I would think trying to birth a baby with out some good nutrition wouldn't work well!

    ReplyDelete

Family of Four

Not much going on in this house except cooking and keeping mama and baby fed & happy! Oh, and the toddler too!  A few pictures from our...